- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 300g (11oz) unsalted butter
- 300g (10 ½ oz) dark chocolate, minimum 60% cocoa solids, broken into pieces
- 5 large eggs
- 450g (1lbs) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 200g (7oz) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 250g (9oz) dried cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper or baking parchment.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a heatproof bowl suspended over a saucepan of barely simmering water. Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract together in a bowl until the mixture is thick and creamy and coats the back of a spoon. Once the butter and the chocolate have melted, remove from the heat and beat in the egg mixture. Sift the flour and salt together, then add them to the mixture, and continue to beat until smooth. Stir in the dried cherries.
- Pour into the roasting tin, ensuring the mixture is evenly distributed in the tin. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the whole of the top has formed a light brown crust that has started to crack. This giant brownie should not wobble, but should remain gooey on the inside.
- Leave to cool for about 20 minutes before cutting into large squares while still in the pan. The greaseproof paper or baking parchment should peel off easily.
NotesTry adding nuts or other dried fruits as an alternative to the cherries, or make plain chocolate brownies without any extras at all.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Decadent Desserts Made From
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More