- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces German Sweet Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until very stiff peaks form.
- Fold in nuts and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread egg white mixture in a well greased 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Build up sides to 1/2 inch above rim of pie plate.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Cool. Melt chocolate and water in double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool until thickened.
- Add vanilla then fold in whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Pile mixture into meringue shell.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. This pie can be held for up to 2 days.
NotesNo pie crust! The meringue is the crust!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Camp Nubar Baking Class
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More