- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces German Sweet Chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, whipped or 2 cups whipped topping
- Beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating until very stiff peaks form.
- Fold in nuts and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread egg white mixture in a well greased 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Build up sides to 1/2 inch above rim of pie plate.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 50-55 minutes. Cool. Melt chocolate and water in double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly. Cool until thickened.
- Add vanilla then fold in whipped topping or whipped cream.
- Pile mixture into meringue shell.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving. This pie can be held for up to 2 days.
NotesNo pie crust! The meringue is the crust!
The NourishFull Kitchen
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Salade asiatique aux rabioles à la sauce thaïe
Pumpkin Chip Cupcakes
Breakfast CalzonesSee More