- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 280 g flour
- 25 g bitter cocoa
- 130 g powdered sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 egg white
- 180 g butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 TBspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 500 g mascarpone cheese
- 40 g flour
- 3 TBspoons Calvados or rum
- 2 apples (Golden)
- 40 g melted butter
- 1-2 TBspoons powdered sugar
- Sift together the flour, the cocoa powder and the powdered sugar adding a pinch of salt as well.
- Rub in the chopped cold butter to form coarse crumbs. Add the yolks and half an egg white and bring everything together kneading quickly and shortly- to form smooth dough. Wrap and let cool in the fridge for ½ an hour.
- For the filling, mix the egg yolks with the sugar using an electric mixer. Add the vanilla extract and the mascarpone cheese (add a spoonful at a time). In the end, mix in the finely grated lemon zest, the flour and the Calvados or Rum.
- Peel, core and slice the apples. Mix the sliced apples with the lemon juice and set aside.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and roll it out between 2 sheets of baking paper to ½ cm thick.
- Cover the bottom and the sides of a 30 cm crostata (pie) dish with the dough and cut off the excess dough.
- Pour the mascarpone cream into a crostata shell and smooth with a spoon.
- Place the apple slices over it, pushing them just lightly into the cream.
- Brush the surface with the melted butter, sprinkle with a little powdered sugar and bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for 50-55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More