- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 6-ounce package chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons more sugar -- for topping
- 1/2 cup nuts
- Cream shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Add eggs, then add next five ingredients. Mix well.
- Add applesauce. Mix.
- Pour into greased 8 x 12-inch pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar, chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 350º degrees.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More