- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15-20
BackstoryThis is an AWESOME quick bread that's had to mess up. Adapted from Godiva. The recipe called for 3 bananas, but all I had on hand at the time were 2, and it was still good, but will use 3 the next time, as the chocolate over-powered the banana flavor. I used dark cocoa powder and did not add the chopped chocolate.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup alkalized unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl 2 minutes or until light, using electric mixer at medium-high speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add bananas and vanilla extract at low speed, mixing until combined.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Add chocolate and blend just for a few seconds. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Cool in pan set on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.