- Cooking Time: 55-60
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15-20
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup alkalized unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 bars (1.5 ounces each) Godiva Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Beat butter and sugar in mixing bowl 2 minutes or until light, using electric mixer at medium-high speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add bananas and vanilla extract at low speed, mixing until combined.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Add chocolate and blend just for a few seconds. Scrape batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of bread comes out clean. Cool in pan set on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on rack.
NotesThis is an AWESOME quick bread that's had to mess up. Adapted from Godiva. The recipe called for 3 bananas, but all I had on hand at the time were 2, and it was still good, but will use 3 the next time, as the chocolate over-powered the banana flavor. I used dark cocoa powder and did not add the chopped chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Soup & Chili Cookbook
Jean’s Recipe File
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Two Layer Peppermint Bark
Spicy Bean Tamales
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever!See More