CHOCOLATE BANANA CUPCAKES
Chocolate Banana Cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 20-25 mins
- Servings: 24 cupcakes
- Preparation Time: 20 mins
- Banana Chocolate Cupcakes:
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (75 grams) cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium sized bananas)
- 1 cup (240 ml) warm water
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) canola or corn oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
- 8 ounces (227 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (14 gram) unsalted butter
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place rack in the center of the oven. Line 24 regular-sized muffin cups with paper liners or spray each cup with a non stick vegetable spray.
In a large bowl whisk together the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed bananas, water, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir, or whisk, until combined. Pour or scoop the batter into the muffin cups, about 3/4 full, and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Frost with the Ganache.
Place the chopped chocolate in a medium sized stainless steel, or heatproof bowl. Set aside. Heat the cream and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil. Immediately pour the boiling cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth. Let the Ganache cool completely, and then beat until soft and fluffy. With an offset spatula or knife, spread the frosting on top of each cupcake. Can garnish with colored sprinkles. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Makes about 24 regular-sized cupcakes.
Originally, this recipe appears to have come from "Rodmell, Jane. Best Summer Weekends Cookbook. Cottage Life Books. Toronto: 2004." I came across it on JoyofBaking.com.
Website Credit: http://joyofbaking.com/cupcakes/BananaChocolateCupcakes.html#ixzz0neXhcRhx