- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 12 oz. pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix sugar, flour and salt.
- Add butter, egg yolks and milk.
- Cook in heavy metal pan on low heat.
- Stir constantly until thick enough to hold shape.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Drop from teaspoonfuls (keeping balls small to stay cooler and firmer) into nuts and roll.
- You may also try rolling in coconut or crushed vanilla wafers. Yum! Yum!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
NotesLove these Bon-Bons! Christmas around our house wouldn't be the same without grandma Mac's recipe! (Taken from the original Betty Crocker cookbook.)
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern CreationsSee More
Vanilla Caramel Nut Ice Cream Pudding (with salted caramel and hot chocolate sauce)
Candy Cane Fudge
Pancit PalabokSee More