- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 cups milk
- 1 12 oz. pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- Mix sugar, flour and salt.
- Add butter, egg yolks and milk.
- Cook in heavy metal pan on low heat.
- Stir constantly until thick enough to hold shape.
- Add chocolate and stir until melted.
- Chill at least 2 hours.
- Drop from teaspoonfuls (keeping balls small to stay cooler and firmer) into nuts and roll.
- You may also try rolling in coconut or crushed vanilla wafers. Yum! Yum!
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat.
NotesLove these Bon-Bons! Christmas around our house wouldn't be the same without grandma Mac's recipe! (Taken from the original Betty Crocker cookbook.)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More