- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
- Servings: yeilds 8-10 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cp unsalted butter
- 7 cps. french bread cubes
- 2 cps. whipping cream
- 1 cp. milk
- 8 (1 oz ) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cps firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (real vanilla)
- Whiskey Sauce
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
- Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add bread cubes, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 min. or until golden. Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bring whipping cream and milk to a boil over medium heat in a skillet. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until smooth.Whisk in egg yolks, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes; let stand 30 min.Cover with foil; cut 6 small holes in foil to let steam escape.
- Place baking dish in roasting pan. Add hot water to pan to depth of 1 1/2 inches.
- Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 min. or until set. Remove pudding dish from water. Cool 30 min. on a wire rack. Serve warm with whiskey sauce.
NotesThis is one of my favorite desserts. I love bread puddings, any kind, and this is from my favorite cookbook. I use this cookbook all the time. I love to make this dessert for special occasions. There is something homey about bread pudding and smelling it cook. Makes my mouth water. And the warm sauce, omg. There goes another diet.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More