CHOCOLATE BREAD PUDDING WITH WHISKEY SAUCE
Chocolate Bread Pudding With Whiskey Sauce
- Cooking Time: 1 hr. 45 min.
- Servings: yeilds 8-10 servings
- 1/4 cp unsalted butter
- 7 cps. french bread cubes
- 2 cps. whipping cream
- 1 cp. milk
- 8 (1 oz ) bittersweet chocolate squares, chopped
- 5 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cps firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (real vanilla)
- Whiskey Sauce
- Garnish: chocolate shavings
Melt butter in large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add bread cubes, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 min. or until golden. Transfer to a lightly greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Bring whipping cream and milk to a boil over medium heat in a skillet. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate until smooth.Whisk in egg yolks, brown sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread cubes; let stand 30 min.Cover with foil; cut 6 small holes in foil to let steam escape.
Place baking dish in roasting pan. Add hot water to pan to depth of 1 1/2 inches.
Bake 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 min. or until set. Remove pudding dish from water. Cool 30 min. on a wire rack. Serve warm with whiskey sauce.