- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySaw this on the Food Network this morning on the Neely's segment. It looked soooo good. Sorry there's not a picture, but trust me, if you like chocolate....yuuuum!!!
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 1 (21-ounce) box brownie mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or almonds or peanuts)
- 10 chocolate-caramel covered wafers
- Ganache, for brownie topping, recipe follows
- Whipped topping, recipe follows
- Fresh raspberries
- Chocolate shavings
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup heavy cream warmed
- Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownies as directed on the box for "cake-like" brownies but add additional 3 eggs.
- Spread half the batter into an 8 by 8-inch prepared pan, top evenly with the pecans and chocolate caramel covered wafers.. Cover with remainder of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the brownies are almost cooked through. Remove brownies from oven. Cool completely. Remove brownies from pan keeping square intact. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top with ganache, whipped topping, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
- To prepare ganache, mix together syrup and chocolate. Pour warm cream over syrup and chocolate. Stir until melted.
- To prepare whipped topping, whip the heavy cream, adding the sugar and cognac.