- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Butter, for greasing pan
- 1 (21-ounce) box brownie mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or almonds or peanuts)
- 10 chocolate-caramel covered wafers
- Ganache, for brownie topping, recipe follows
- Whipped topping, recipe follows
- Fresh raspberries
- Chocolate shavings
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup heavy cream warmed
- Whipped Topping:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Prepare brownies as directed on the box for "cake-like" brownies but add additional 3 eggs.
- Spread half the batter into an 8 by 8-inch prepared pan, top evenly with the pecans and chocolate caramel covered wafers.. Cover with remainder of batter.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the brownies are almost cooked through. Remove brownies from oven. Cool completely. Remove brownies from pan keeping square intact. Place on a baking sheet.
- Top with ganache, whipped topping, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
- To prepare ganache, mix together syrup and chocolate. Pour warm cream over syrup and chocolate. Stir until melted.
- To prepare whipped topping, whip the heavy cream, adding the sugar and cognac.
NotesSaw this on the Food Network this morning on the Neely's segment. It looked soooo good. Sorry there's not a picture, but trust me, if you like chocolate....yuuuum!!!