- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (room temperature)
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture. Beat thoroughly. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Add melted chocolate and beat thoroughly.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 8-9' pans. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top springs back when touched lightly in center.