- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- • 2 1/4 cups sugar
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • 1 3/4 tsp baking soda
- • 1 1/4 tsp salt
- • 1 cup cocoa powder
- • 3 large eggs
- • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- • 10 tbsp of melted butter (1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- • 1 1/4 cup of whole milk
- • 1 1/4 cup of espresso or strong coffee
- • Caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two round non-stick cake pans with parchment paper, spray first with non-stick spray so they stick.
- Sift in large bowl flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder, mix well.
- In another bowl mix eggs, coffee, butter, vanilla and milk. Now pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Mix well so that everything is combined but don’t over mix. Divide batter in pans and bake for 40-45 minutes. Remove cakes from oven and cool on rack for 10-15 minutes and then remove from pans and cool completely on rack.
- After cake is completely cooled, assemble by placing first layer on base (plate) then put caramel on top of first layer, then place second layer and begin icing the cake with the ganache.
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Koken met Oma
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Gluten Free Vietnamese Perogies
Campbell's Kitchen Slow Cooker Bacon Potato ChowderSee More