- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 14 caramels
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk, milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt, add to the creamed mixture. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Beat egg white. Dip balls into egg white and coat with nuts. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8 to 1/2 inch indentation in the center of each ball. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat; stir until smooth. Using about 1/2 teaspoon caramel mixture, fill each cookie . In a microwave melt chocolate chips and shortening. Drizzle over cookies. Makes 2 1/2 dozen.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
DIY Tasty Gift IdeasSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More