- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate (66%, finely choped)
- 6 oz milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 Tbls salted butter, at room temp, cut into small pieces
- Bring the heavy cream to a boil and keep hot on stove or in microwave.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a big bowl.
- Set aside.
- Place 3 Tbls of sugar in a heavy pan over med heat, when the sugar takes on color stir with a wooden spoon.
- Then add another 3 Tbls of sugar and stir until it is caramelized.
- Keep adding sugar 3 Tbls at a time until all used.
- Stir until it comes to a dark amber color (you can test by dabbing a small amount on a white plate).
- Lower the heat then add the butter, stir, while stirring add the cream slowly (BE CAREFUL!! as it bubbles and could cause injury if not careful).
- Keep stirring until smooth (if caramel seizes, don't worry just keep stirring and it will melt away).
- Pour 1/3 of the caramel into the center of the chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth. (stir in cocentric circles).
- Then add 1/2 of remaining caramel to the ganache and stir then add remaining sauce.
- Pour ganache into another bowl or pan and let sit until room temp. then place in the fridge (when cool, cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours).
- When ready place some cocoa powder on a plate and have a sheet pan lined with parchement or wax paper.
- Spoon a Tbls of ganache and roll in hands into a ball.
- Drop in the cocoa powder then bounce between both hands to remove excess cocoa.
- Keep refrigerated.
NotesThis is one of the first recipes I made when first working with chocolate. The caramel flavor is not overpowering it is very light but it is an excellant match with chocolate.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Koken met Oma
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El JefeSee More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce