- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 15
- Bread Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 (1-ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons instant chai tea latte mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon instant chai tea latte mix
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 to 5 teaspoons heavy cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom only of loaf pan; set aside. Combine water and baking chocolate in 1-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until chocolate is melted. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- Combine brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter, eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy. Add chocolate mixture and sour cream. Continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add all remaining bread ingredients. Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
- Combine all glaze ingredients except milk in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Glaze cooled bread.
NotesThis is a slightly modified Land O Lakes recipe. Nice for fall. We had it for dessert with vanilla ice cream but I'm thinking it would make a nice breakfast, too.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Fun appetizers and snacks
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More