CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE - NO BAKE
Chocolate Cheesecake - No Bake
- Servings: 12
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 14 oz can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa powder
Add the melted butter, stirring till well combined
Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
Chill the crust while preparing the filling
For the filling, in a 1 cup glass measure soften the gelatin in cold water
Place the cup in a saucepan containing about 1 inch water; cook and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved
Remove saucepan from heat.
Melt chocolate; cool
Stir together sweetened condensed milk, dissolved gelatin, and melted chocolate
In a large mixer bowl beat the cream cheese and almond extract on medium speed of electric mixer till smooth
Gradually add the chocolate mixture and beat till light and fluffy
Fold in whipped topping.
Turn into prepared crust.
Chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
Before serving, use a knife or narrow metal spatula to carefully loosen the sides of the cheesecake from the springform pan.
Remove the sides of the springform pan
Top cheesecke with sliced strawberries if desired