- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 14 oz can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa powder
- Add the melted butter, stirring till well combined
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Chill the crust while preparing the filling
- For the filling, in a 1 cup glass measure soften the gelatin in cold water
- Place the cup in a saucepan containing about 1 inch water; cook and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Melt chocolate; cool
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, dissolved gelatin, and melted chocolate
- In a large mixer bowl beat the cream cheese and almond extract on medium speed of electric mixer till smooth
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture and beat till light and fluffy
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, use a knife or narrow metal spatula to carefully loosen the sides of the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan
- Top cheesecke with sliced strawberries if desired
NotesI've had this book for over 20 yrs by Better Homes and Gardens, simply titled Chocolate. This is a no-bake cheesecake but you can't tell other than the fact that it's not as dense as regular cheesecake. Its a very silky creamy incredibly chocolate dessert.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hungarian Beef Paprika
Fresh Tuna Tacos
RICH BLUEBERRY BARSSee More