- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 4 squares (4 oz) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 14 oz can (1 1/4 cups) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 8 oz container frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- For the crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa powder
- Add the melted butter, stirring till well combined
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and 1 3/4 inches up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan.
- Chill the crust while preparing the filling
- For the filling, in a 1 cup glass measure soften the gelatin in cold water
- Place the cup in a saucepan containing about 1 inch water; cook and stir over low heat till gelatin is dissolved
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Melt chocolate; cool
- Stir together sweetened condensed milk, dissolved gelatin, and melted chocolate
- In a large mixer bowl beat the cream cheese and almond extract on medium speed of electric mixer till smooth
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture and beat till light and fluffy
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Turn into prepared crust.
- Chill at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, use a knife or narrow metal spatula to carefully loosen the sides of the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- Remove the sides of the springform pan
- Top cheesecke with sliced strawberries if desired
NotesI've had this book for over 20 yrs by Better Homes and Gardens, simply titled Chocolate. This is a no-bake cheesecake but you can't tell other than the fact that it's not as dense as regular cheesecake. Its a very silky creamy incredibly chocolate dessert.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More