- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 80
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in 9-inch square baking pan.
- Stir in crumbs and 1/2 cup nuts.
- Press to cover bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cocoa, egg, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour over crust and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup nuts.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Let Stand at room temperature 2 hours.
- Cut into 1-inch squares with a sharp knife. Store covered, in refrigerator.
NotesIf you love cheesecake and chocolate, you'll love these. I include these in my Christmas cookie tray and everyone loves them. I found these years ago in a free store cookbook.
These cookies are best presented in a single layer.
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Clean banana oatmeal cookies
Spaghetti CupcakesSee More