- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy 16 yr old daughter and her friend got this recipe from a book called Cookies, Pies, Breads & Tarts. It was easy enough for them to make this and tastes wonderful. Sorry I don't have a picture of it, but it was half gone before I even saw it.
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- whipped cream for decorating
- chocolate curls for decorating
- For the crust:
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crushed amaretti cookies (if unavailable, use all graham cracker crumbs for a total of 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 tablespoos butter, melted
- 1. Place a baking sheet in the oven and preheat to 350' F
- 2. For the crust, mix the crumbs and butter in a bowl.
- 3. With a spoon, press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Let cool. Keep the oven on.
- 4. With an electric mixer, beat the cheese and cream together until smooth. Beat in teh sugar, cocoa and cinnamon until blended.
- 5. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just enough to blend.
- 6. Pour into the pie shell and bake on the hot sheet for 25-30 minutes The filling will sink down as it cools. Decorate with whipped cream and chocolate curls.