- Cooking Time: 35 to 45
- Preparation Time:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 bar (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large whole egg plus 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Line with two crisscrossed pieces of parchment or wax paper, spraying between sheets.
- Spray lined pan; set aside.
- Process cookies in a food processor until finely ground.
- Gently press crumbs into bottom of prepared pan (do not rinse processor bowl).
- Blend cream cheese and sour cream in food processor until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Add cocoa, cornstarch, sugar, egg, and egg white; process until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Bake until just set, 35 to 40 minutes; cool completely in pan.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Invert onto a tray; peel off paper, and re-invert crust side down. Cut into 9 squares.
- Adapted from a recipe from Everyday Food
Notes"Chocolate and cheesecake go so well together. If you haven't tried this combo yet, hurry and bake up a pan!"