- Cooking Time: 10 min
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 185 g flour
- 30 g cocoa
- 1/3 teas salt
- 185 g butter, softened
- 105 g icing sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teas almond or vanilla essence
- 30 g almonds, toasted, chopped
- Glace cherries for decorating
- a bit of melted chocolate (to stick cherries)
- Mix all dry ingredients, add butter, egg yolk and essence. Make a soft dough, wrap in cello paper and keep in a cool spot for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 190*C, prepare baking tins. Baking paper helps a lot.
- Form small balls from dough, put on a baking sheet, and middle of every ball press with your finger (or similar). Bake 8-9 minutes. When slightly cooled, each hole fill with a bit of chocolate and decorate with half of a cherry.
- Keep in a cool spot for 2-3 weeks.
NotesMust-have for Christmas!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More