- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, well drained and halved
- Melt butter and chocolate together, and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture and cherries to wet ingredients, and stir to blend.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool.
NotesThese taste just like my favorite chocolate candies...Chocolate Covered Cherries. Every Christmas I buy a box for myself and for my Dad, who got me hooked on them.
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More