- Cooking Time: 35 to 40
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 squares unsweetened chocolate
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, well drained and halved
- Melt butter and chocolate together, and set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar and vanilla. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture and cherries to wet ingredients, and stir to blend.
- Pour into a greased 8 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool.
NotesThese taste just like my favorite chocolate candies...Chocolate Covered Cherries. Every Christmas I buy a box for myself and for my Dad, who got me hooked on them.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More