- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 3/4 cup powdered Splelnda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 3 ounces cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (this will be either to pipe cookies onto or you can draw circles for the "layers" and then turn the parchment over).
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high, and gradually add sugar, a little at a time, beathing until stiff peaks form. Add extract; beat just until blended.
- Fold in cherries and powder.
- Fill a bag and with star tip pipe either kisses or whatever shape you want.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and a half (longer for bigger shapes).
- Turn oven off, and cool meringue in closed oven 1 1/2 hours or until dry.
- Carefully remove meringue from paper
NotesThese are wonderfully light and full of flavor and definitely available to those watching their calorie intake.
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
No-Bake Flag Cookies
Aunt Sherry’s Chicken Cacciatore
Strawberry Cheese TartSee More