CHOCOLATE CHERRY CHUNK MERINGUES
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 3/4 cup powdered Splelnda
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries, chopped
- 3 ounces cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 200ºF.
- Cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper. (this will be either to pipe cookies onto or you can draw circles for the "layers" and then turn the parchment over).
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high, and gradually add sugar, a little at a time, beathing until stiff peaks form. Add extract; beat just until blended.
- Fold in cherries and powder.
- Fill a bag and with star tip pipe either kisses or whatever shape you want.
- Bake for an hour to an hour and a half (longer for bigger shapes).
- Turn oven off, and cool meringue in closed oven 1 1/2 hours or until dry.
- Carefully remove meringue from paper
NotesThese are wonderfully light and full of flavor and definitely available to those watching their calorie intake.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More