- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24-27
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10oz. jar Maraschino Cherries WITH stems (approx. 24 - 27 per jar)
- 1 bag Hershey Kisses
- slivered almonds (small bag or bulk section)
- chocolate chips (12 oz bag)or chocolate pieces for melting
- red or white icing for eyes or candy decorations
- Place cherries on paper towel to absorb most of liquid
- Unwrap Hershey kisses
- Gather slivered almonds in pairs
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in small bowl
- Dip cherries two or three at a time to cover with chocolate
- Attach Hershey kiss before chocolate hardens and set almonds on either side of kiss for ears.
- Pipe eyes with icing or use candy decorations for eyes.
- You can place on candy papers or cut sugar cookies in quarters, ice yellow for cheese and place mouse on top.
NotesThis has been a fun treat for Valentine's Day as well as special Birthday treats on top of ice cream.
I first found out about these one Christmas from my daughter who brought one home for me to see. Since Valentine's Day was the next holiday, I made them for the office and found that several people would not eat them, but took them home for their kids to see first. One woman wanted to put it with her collection of mice but I talked her out of it (and that's another story).
I have since made these for other people for parties.