- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 oz water
- 8 oz eggs
- 8 oz of powdered sugar (sifted)
- 9 oz cake flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup oil
- 10 oz egg whites
- 3 oz sugar
- Whisk together water, yolks and powdered sugar using the whisk attachment of a mixer until light and fluffy and pale in color. This will be at high speed.
- Place wet mixture into a big bowl. Sift together the dry ingredients and fold about 1/2 of the dry into the yolk mixture.
- As the batter begins to stiffen begin adding in oil and alternating with the remainder of the dry ingredients until even.
- Whisk the whites until foamy and then add in the sugar and whip to firm but not stiff peaks.
- Fold in the meringue to the batter and bake immediately. Roughly 40 minutes at 360. Will make one 10" cake, or two 8" cakes.
NotesAnother recipe from my Pastry Arts class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More