- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryHave some extra oatmeal, chocolate chips, and peanut butter? This recipe is great to utilize these ingredients. It's the best of favorites combined! I am posting it here for easy reference and to share a great find.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oat (regular oatmeal)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Center oven rack. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter, and both sugars until smooth.
- Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg, beating until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter until just moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Using a small scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Leave about an inch between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes until the edges brown.
- Cool about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen using a scoop, or more if using tablespoonfuls