- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 30
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oat (regular oatmeal)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Center oven rack. Lightly grease several cookie sheets.
- Cream the butter, and both sugars until smooth.
- Mix in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg, beating until well blended.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter until just moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Using a small scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly with a fork. Leave about an inch between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven about 15 minutes until the edges brown.
- Cool about 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to finish cooling. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen using a scoop, or more if using tablespoonfuls
NotesHave some extra oatmeal, chocolate chips, and peanut butter? This recipe is great to utilize these ingredients. It's the best of favorites combined! I am posting it here for easy reference and to share a great find.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MidLife Road Trip's
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More