- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIt was difficult but I finally chose something simple to test from Amanda Hesser's book, Cooking for Mr. Latte. A cookie recipe with an obscene amount of chocolate — two entire bags to be exact (although Hesser used chocolate bars). When I told my cousin and her fiancé what kind of cookies they were eating the response was, “Wow…could you fit anything else in there!?”
Chocolate Chip, Toasted Pecan, Coconut Cookies (Inspired by Amanda Hesser’s recipe in Cooking for Mr. Latte)
View step-by-step images of this recipe at my food blog ErinCooks.com.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups toasted chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 325°F
- In a mixer cream the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mixer, beating on low until blended.
- Pour in the chocolate, pecans, and coconut. Fold them in by hand with a spatula.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop the dough onto a well greased baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until lightly browned on the edges and cooked in the center. Cool on a rack.
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More