- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs (or chocolate graham cracker crumbs like I used)
- 1 cup chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 3- 8oz packages of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 6 oz mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz milk chocolate chips (or milk chocolate candy bar, chopped)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (or more) tablespoons chocolate chip cookie crumbs
- 6 chocolate chip cookies cut in half for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine wafer and cookie crumbs with melted butter. Press into the bottom and up the sides 1 1/2" of a greased 9" springform pan. Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until nice and smooth. Add the eggs and beat on low speed until combined. Do not over beat. Stir in the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared crust
- Place the cheesecake on a baking sheet (this is a must unless you want a mess), and bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until the center is almost set.
- I recommend placing a roasting pan on another rack in the oven and pour a cup of water inside to create humidity which will help in preventing your cheesecake from cracking. You should also rotate the cake halfway through baking and add more water to the roasting pan.
- Set aside while you mix together the topping: In a small bowl combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Spread over the top of the baked cheesecake. Return the cheesecake to the oven and bake for about 8 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen. Garnish with cookie crumbs and cookie halves if desired.
NotesThis cake is a combo of two cheesecake recipes from Taste of Home. My daughter couldn't make up her mind about which one she wanted as her birthday cake and asked me to combine them. Her birthday wish is my command.....
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More