- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz/226g) butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of an 8-oz. can) almond paste, crumbled (NOT marzipan-I use Solo brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto or milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160 C).
- Lightly grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, almond paste and almond extract in large mixer bowl on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in morsels.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- To make glaze, combine sifted powdered sugar and amaretto or milk in small bowl; stir.
- Add enough additional amaretto or milk to make glazing consistency.
- Drizzle top with Amaretto Glaze.
- Garnish with morsels, if desired.
NotesThis is the cake I always make for Ladies Auxiliary meetings and Church meetings. It's good with a cup of coffee or tea!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More