- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks/8 oz/226g) butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1/2 of an 8-oz. can) almond paste, crumbled (NOT marzipan-I use Solo brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon almond or vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 container (8 oz.) dairy sour cream
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons Amaretto or milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160 C).
- Lightly grease and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, almond paste and almond extract in large mixer bowl on medium speed until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Stir in morsels.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes; invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- To make glaze, combine sifted powdered sugar and amaretto or milk in small bowl; stir.
- Add enough additional amaretto or milk to make glazing consistency.
- Drizzle top with Amaretto Glaze.
- Garnish with morsels, if desired.
NotesThis is the cake I always make for Ladies Auxiliary meetings and Church meetings. It's good with a cup of coffee or tea!
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More