- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ripe bananas (4 large), mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (9 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5x3" loaf pans.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Blend banana, sour cream and vanilla in medium size bowl.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stire in chocolate chips and nute. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers tests clean. Let loaves cool in pans on wire racks about 10 minutes. Turn loaves out onto racks; let cool completely.
- Melt butter in milk in saucepan. Pour into bowl. Gradually whisk in sugar until good drizzling consistency; add a little more milk if needed. Drizzle half over each loaf. Sprinkle with nuts. Spoon melted chocolate in small plastic food-storage bag; snip corner. Pipe over loaves. Wrap tightly in plastic. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days, refrigerate 3-4 days or freeeze up to a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More