- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups ripe bananas (4 large), mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 3/4 sticks butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups (9 ounces) mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup nuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour two 9x5x3" loaf pans.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Blend banana, sour cream and vanilla in medium size bowl.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in flour mixture alternately with banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stire in chocolate chips and nute. Divide batter between pans.
- Bake 350 degrees for 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers tests clean. Let loaves cool in pans on wire racks about 10 minutes. Turn loaves out onto racks; let cool completely.
- Melt butter in milk in saucepan. Pour into bowl. Gradually whisk in sugar until good drizzling consistency; add a little more milk if needed. Drizzle half over each loaf. Sprinkle with nuts. Spoon melted chocolate in small plastic food-storage bag; snip corner. Pipe over loaves. Wrap tightly in plastic. Store at room temperature for up to 2 days, refrigerate 3-4 days or freeeze up to a month.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More