- Cooking Time: 14 to 15
- Servings: 32
- Preparation Time:
- 4 ounces pitted dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Coat an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Microwave dates and water, on high, in microwave-safe dish, covered, until very soft, 5 minutes; stir every minute.
- Puree with vanilla in food processor.
- Scrape into a bowl.
- Beat in sugars. Then beat in egg white until blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir into puree until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape into prepared pan.
- Bake in 375 degree F oven for 14 to 15 minutes. Transfer pan to wire rack to cool. Cut into bars. Makes 32 bars.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Cherry Chip Cheesecake BarsSee More