- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tblsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Be sure to break up the brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined to make a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate
- Heat an 8" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and heat until the butter's foam subsides.
- Ladle in about 1/2 cup of the batter. Cook, turning once, until deep golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve with maple syrup or homemade vanilla syrup (simple syrup with vanilla extract).
NotesI'm constantly looking for ways to use buttermilk. I always buy the carton for one recipe and end up with waayy too much left over--these pancakes are a quick way to finally use it up! I am terrible at making pancakes--it's my curse--so I'm not exactly sure how these turn out normally because mine were suffering severe burns, but they still tasted pretty good to me.