- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tblsp sugar
- 2 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp fine salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tblsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Be sure to break up the brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture and mix until just combined to make a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate
- Heat an 8" nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and heat until the butter's foam subsides.
- Ladle in about 1/2 cup of the batter. Cook, turning once, until deep golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Serve with maple syrup or homemade vanilla syrup (simple syrup with vanilla extract).
NotesI'm constantly looking for ways to use buttermilk. I always buy the carton for one recipe and end up with waayy too much left over--these pancakes are a quick way to finally use it up! I am terrible at making pancakes--it's my curse--so I'm not exactly sure how these turn out normally because mine were suffering severe burns, but they still tasted pretty good to me.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Blue Family Favorites<3
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More