CHOCOLATE CHIP CHEESE BALL
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in confectioners' sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover, and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Shape chilled cream cheese mixture into a ball.
- Wrap with plastic, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Roll the cheese ball in finely chopped pecans before serving.
NotesI am never sure whether to categorize this as an appetizer or a dessert, but I think it's a bit of both. :) This is AWESOME. Tastes just like chocolate chip cheesecake, and I always serve it with chocolate graham cracker sticks. One of my husband's friends is always requesting that I make this! I omit the pecans when I make it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More