- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbls. brown sugar
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Graham crackers or shortbread cookies
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars. beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans.
- Serve with graham crackers or shortbread cookies.
NotesThis recipe came from a friend of my hubby's whom he works with, Westy. Westy also owns Westy's Pub in Cincinnati. He served this at the Christmas party that was held for hubby's work. This was my first time making it and I thought it would set up just a tad firmer so the only thing I can think of that I did wrong was to mix it to creamy and not fluffy as the recipe calls for. It still turned out good enough to give to my mom for Mother's Day! I served this with the honey flavored graham crackers.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Best of Eva's Family Recipes
Cooking with SabraSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More