- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (minis work best)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" round pan (cake or pie) with PAM
- Stir together flour, sugars, baking soda and baking powder
- Cut in the butter until crumbly. (Use a fork, or your hands)
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture for topping
- Add buttermilk and egg to the crumb mixture and blend well.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine reserved crumb mixture with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
NotesMade this on any Sunday that we didn't have ingredients for something else. Always yummy and always gets finished.Also, I never, ever had buttermilk. ALWAYS make the substitution
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More