- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 20
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chocolate chips (minis work best)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" round pan (cake or pie) with PAM
- Stir together flour, sugars, baking soda and baking powder
- Cut in the butter until crumbly. (Use a fork, or your hands)
- Set aside 1/2 cup of this mixture for topping
- Add buttermilk and egg to the crumb mixture and blend well.
- Spread in pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Combine reserved crumb mixture with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and sprinkle over batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes
NotesMade this on any Sunday that we didn't have ingredients for something else. Always yummy and always gets finished.Also, I never, ever had buttermilk. ALWAYS make the substitution
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More