- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstory"Ohh yeah... Oh yeah you gotta make these again..." As if the whole pan in front of his was not enough!!
- 2 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- First preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Adjust your oven rack to the middle(I left mine where it was at and it worked just fine)Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil(I used parchment paper)Spray the lined pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl and set to the side.
- Whisk melted butter and sugars in a bowl until combined.
- Add the egg, the egg yolk and vanilla until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the dry ingredients. Then fold in the chocolate chips. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Put the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula..
- Bake until top is a light golden brown and the sides slightly pull away from the pan. About 27 minutes... Let it cool to room temperature then cut into 2 inch squares and serve.I did not wait till room temp I just waited for about 5 minutes until they were cooled... Then Jason and I had one with a glass of milk. You know it is good when Jason mumbles as his mouth is over flowing with cookie bar... " Ohh yeah... Oh yeah you gotta make these again..." As if the whole pan in front of his was not enough!!
- Then today ( the next day) I decided to turn it into the base for a cookie sundae... I heated the cookie bar then placed a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream ontop ( blue bell)... I then dressed it up with melted caramel and hot fudge... what do you think???
- For more info recipes and step by step pics check out my blog at www.sweetsins2share.blogspot.com