- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/8 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- First preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Adjust your oven rack to the middle(I left mine where it was at and it worked just fine)Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with foil(I used parchment paper)Spray the lined pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, salt and baking soda together in a bowl and set to the side.
- Whisk melted butter and sugars in a bowl until combined.
- Add the egg, the egg yolk and vanilla until well blended.
- Using a rubber spatula fold in the dry ingredients. Then fold in the chocolate chips. DO NOT OVER MIX
- Put the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top with spatula..
- Bake until top is a light golden brown and the sides slightly pull away from the pan. About 27 minutes... Let it cool to room temperature then cut into 2 inch squares and serve.I did not wait till room temp I just waited for about 5 minutes until they were cooled... Then Jason and I had one with a glass of milk. You know it is good when Jason mumbles as his mouth is over flowing with cookie bar... " Ohh yeah... Oh yeah you gotta make these again..." As if the whole pan in front of his was not enough!!
- Then today ( the next day) I decided to turn it into the base for a cookie sundae... I heated the cookie bar then placed a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream ontop ( blue bell)... I then dressed it up with melted caramel and hot fudge... what do you think???
- For more info recipes and step by step pics check out my blog at www.sweetsins2share.blogspot.com
Notes"Ohh yeah... Oh yeah you gotta make these again..." As if the whole pan in front of his was not enough!!