- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 50 pieces
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, divided use
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla extract and salt in a large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in 1½ cups morsels and nuts. Press into ungreased 15x10-inch jelly-roll pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool until just slightly warm.
- Microwave remaining morsels in a small, heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH power for 30 to 45 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over cookie. Allow chocolate to cool and set; break cookies into irregular pieces.
NotesThis turned out to be a very delightful surprise when I first made it! It's become a 'must have' when I do a small tea luncheon with friends! It's perfect to end the meal with a nice hot, black English Tea!! Mmmmmm!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More