- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- PREHEAT oven to 325º F. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
- COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add egg and beat well. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels. Press dough into prepared pie plate. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool pan on wire rack for about 20 minutes. Serve warm.
NotesI thought this was going to be a giant chocolate chip cookie but in a pie plate. Turns out it's more of a cake than a pie. Still delicious nonetheless and I would definitely make this in the future.
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Joe's Omelet Supreme
Douglas' Christmas Chili
Mushroom, Potato and Smoked Gouda ChowderSee More