- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 22-24
- Preparation Time: 15
BackstoryBlogged at howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
These are literally THE BEST cupcakes I've ever put into my mouth! Cupcake recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor. I found the frosting recipe on this message board.
- 24 paper liners for cupcake pans (2 1/2-inch size)
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 package (1 pound) frozen cookie dough
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350'F. Line 24 cupcake cups with paper liners. Set the pans aside.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more, scraping down the sides again if needed. The batter should look well blended.
- Spoon or scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each lined cupcake cup, filling it two thirds of the way full. (You will get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove the empty liners, if any.)
- Cut the frozen dough pieces in half to make 24 pieces. Place a frozen cookie dough piece on top of each cupcake. Place the pans in the oven.
- Bake the cupcakes until they are golden and spring back when lightly pressed with your finger, 23 to 27 minutes.
- Remove the pans from the oven and place them on wire racks to cool for 5 minutes. Run a dinner knife around the edges of the cupcake liners, lift the cupcakes up from the bottoms of the cups using the end of the knife, and pick them out of the cups carefully with your fingertips.
- Place them on a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes before frosting. They may sink a bit in the center.