- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time:
- Cake Mix:
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 small box instant chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size)
- 8 oz (225 grams) sour cream
- 8 oz bag chocolate chips
- 12 oz (340 grams - 1 pack) softened cream cheese
- 1/2 stick softened butter
- 8 oz (225 grams) powdered sugar
- 1 box of candy canes, put into food processor, pulsed until in tiny pieces. Also, works wonderfully with sprinkles, chocolates and other decor.
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cake mix, water, oil, eggs, pudding mix, sour cream and chocolate chips into a stand or electric mixer. Mix on medium speed for a minute and a half or until well combined.
- 2. Fill 24 cupcake tins ¾ full with batter and bake 15-18 minutes until toothpick comes clean when poked in the center. Let cool.
- 3. Place cream cheese, butter and sugar into a large bowl. Whisk slowly until well combined and frosting consistency. Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with crushed candy cane.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More