- Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- Servings: 24
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
BackstoryThese were supposed to be Twighlight Chocolate CHERRY Chip cupcakes for a movie viewing party. I wanted the centers to ooze when you bite into them, like blood! Sadly, it didn't work at all, so I'm just posting the recipe for the cake itself! You can read all about my embarrassing cupcakeFAIL here: http://jojobean26.blogspot.com/2009/06/cupcake-fail.html
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 1 Tbls. vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c. milk chocolate chips
- Line 2 muffin tins with paper liners and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating with each addition.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Pour in flour mixture and buttermilk in alternating thirds, starting and ending with flour mixture and scraping the bowl with each addition.
- Fold in chips and pour int muffin tin, filling each cup to 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Frost with your choice of topping, I use whipped cream!
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Taste of CenturyLinkSee More
Sauteed mushrooms with soybean paste
Lamb Loin Chops with Mushroom Marsala SauceSee More