- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon extra strong flavor (optional)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups 100% organic white whole wheat flour, king arthurs
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- coarse sugar for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line with muffin cups and grease inside of them.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, vanilla and flavor if using.until fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time; then stir in the milk. Mix in the flour then the chocolate chips
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups; they'll be quite full. Sprinkle each muffin with a little coarse sugar. Bake the muffinsn for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out without crumbs clinging to it.
NotesGreat for breakfast or to serve with tea
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More