- Cooking Time: 25-28
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 tbl of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbl sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars on medium speed until fluffy and lighter in color. Allow 2 to 3 minutes to do this.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- Place the milk in a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- On low speed, gradually add the milk mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix only until combined. If you wish add some of the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir just to combine.
- Fill the muffins cups about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and then the sugar over each muffin.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a cake tester or sharp knife inserted into the center comes out with out any crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
NotesI got this recipe from my Introduction to Pastry Arts class.
Cooking for a Cure
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More