- Cooking Time: 25-28
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10
- 8 tbl of unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbl sugar
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the sugars on medium speed until fluffy and lighter in color. Allow 2 to 3 minutes to do this.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
- Place the milk in a mixing bowl and whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- On low speed, gradually add the milk mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- On low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and mix only until combined. If you wish add some of the chocolate chips to the mixture and stir just to combine.
- Fill the muffins cups about two-thirds full.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and then the sugar over each muffin.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until a cake tester or sharp knife inserted into the center comes out with out any crumbs attached.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
NotesI got this recipe from my Introduction to Pastry Arts class.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Koken met OmaSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More