Chocolate Chip Nutella Cheesecake Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes
1 vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup miniature chocolate chips
1 Tablespoon flour
For the Nutella Cheesecake
12 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Nutella
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons flour
For the Vanilla Butter Cream
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar
1) Preheat oven to 350* Fill muffin pan with liners and set aside.
2) Prepare cake mix according to the box. Add the sour cream in with the water and oil. Toss the chocolate chips with 1 tbsp. flour. Gently stir the chips into the cake batter.
3) Fill liners 3/4 full and bake for 20-22 minutes. Cool completely, then cut out a small section from the middle of the cupcake. (I use a melon baller, but use what works for you.) Set aside.
4) Beat the cream cheese.
5) Add the nutella and beat until creamy.
6) Slowly stir in the rest of the ingredients until smooth.
7) Fill the centers of the cupcakes.
8) Beat the butter and shortening until creamy.
9) Add the salt, milk, and vanilla and cream again.
10) Slowly add the powdered sugar.
11) Frost the cupcakes and sprinkle with extra mini chocolate chips if desired. Keep refrigerated.