- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 24-42 depending on size
- Preparation Time:
- 1 Cup butter, softened
- 1 Cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 Cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
- 1 Cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Bag of smarties (about 3 smarties per cookie)
- 1.Preheat oven to 325F (165C).
- 2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- 3. Beat eggs, one at a time, into butter and sugar mixture, then stir in the vanilla.
- 4. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 5. Stir flour mixture into the butter mixture until just blended.
- 6. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts (optional), and chocolate chips.
- 7. Drop mixture by heaping spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- 8. Lightly press smarties on top of each cookie.
- 9. Bake for 12 minutes, until cookies are light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 mintues before transferring to wire rack to cool completely (or eat warm).
NotesThis is our favorite!
*If using dark pans decrease temperature by 25F
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More