- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- et 2 racks in the middle and upper thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, and pecans together with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 30 seconds until blended.
- Beat in the egg until smooth and barely fluffy.
- With mixer running on medium high, drizzle in the maple syrup, and vanilla until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer down to its lowest setting and gradually add the flour-oatmeal mixture.
- Blend just to combine, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto a Reynolds parchment-lined cookie sheet at 3-inch intervals.
- With moistened fingers, flatten and round out the cookies a little.
- Bake for 9 minutes, turning the pan once for even baking.
- The cookies are done when they are lightly browned on top.
- Set the cookie sheets on a rack to cool.
NotesI got this one from my brother. It's a good cookie, lots of chocolate and nuts. The oatmeal gives it a nice chew, of course, and the maple syrup adds a nice touch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More