- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled (old-fashioned) oats
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- et 2 racks in the middle and upper thirds of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, and pecans together with a whisk or fork.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together for 30 seconds until blended.
- Beat in the egg until smooth and barely fluffy.
- With mixer running on medium high, drizzle in the maple syrup, and vanilla until incorporated.
- Turn the mixer down to its lowest setting and gradually add the flour-oatmeal mixture.
- Blend just to combine, then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Drop walnut-sized balls of dough onto a Reynolds parchment-lined cookie sheet at 3-inch intervals.
- With moistened fingers, flatten and round out the cookies a little.
- Bake for 9 minutes, turning the pan once for even baking.
- The cookies are done when they are lightly browned on top.
- Set the cookie sheets on a rack to cool.
NotesI got this one from my brother. It's a good cookie, lots of chocolate and nuts. The oatmeal gives it a nice chew, of course, and the maple syrup adds a nice touch.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More