- Cooking Time: 60
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are a must for the holidays-they look so festive- but they are yummy any time of year. As with all meringue cookies, humid days are not the best time to make these.
- 2 egg whites, room temp
- 1/2t peppermint extract
- 1/2c sugar
- red food coloring (optional)
- 6oz chocolate chips
- Combine egg whites and peppermint exract, beat until foamy.
- Gradually add the sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the coloring, if desired, then the chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a parchment lines baking sheet.
- Bake at 200 for 1 hour or until and set (don't brown these!)
- Remove to wire racks to cool and them store immediately in airtight containers.
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More