- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI was surfing the net one afternoon looking for a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I came across this pie recipe but I'm not sure what site it was from now. The pie turned out to be SOOO good, it felt like i was eating a giant soft chocolate chip cookie. For the crust I used the recipe I use for my apple pie crust but you can use any. Be sure to cover it up right away though to retain moisture.
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in sugars, flour, butter, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.