CHOCOLATE CHIP PIE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shell
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy.
- Beat in sugars, flour, butter, oil and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 1-1/4 hours or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Chill until serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
NotesI was surfing the net one afternoon looking for a really good chocolate chip cookie recipe. I came across this pie recipe but I'm not sure what site it was from now. The pie turned out to be SOOO good, it felt like i was eating a giant soft chocolate chip cookie. For the crust I used the recipe I use for my apple pie crust but you can use any. Be sure to cover it up right away though to retain moisture.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Smitten Million Dollar Peanut Butter CookiesSee More