- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix (without pudding)
- 1 (5.9-ounce) package chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate mini-morsels
- Powdered sugar
- Beat first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl at medium speed of an electric mixer about 2 minutes or until creamy; add sour cream, mixing well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing at low speed just until blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate morsels. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10" tube or Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
NotesThis is a delicious and moist pound cake that goes great with a cup of coffee. I used vanilla instant pudding (with a dash of cocoa powder) instead of chocolate because I like a much milder chocolate flavor.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Italy or BustSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More