- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 c. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 c. walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 4 mini loaf pans or 1 regular size loaf pan. Dust lightly with flour.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs, add the sugar and oil, and beat just to mix. Mix in the pumpkin, then the chocolate chips. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing only until all ingredients are moist. Add walnuts, if desired.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes for smaller loaves, 1 - 1 1/4 hrs. for large loaves or until a cake tester comes out fairly clean, not with batter left on it. Cool and wrap quickly as these tend to disappear when left unwrapped.
NotesMakes 4 mini loaves or 1 big loaf
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More