CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN PECAN KITTY CUPCAKES
- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- * 1 box trader joe’s pumpkin cake mix
- * 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips
- * 1 cup pecans, chopped in a bag
- * pam or olive oil spray
- * 2 eggs
- * 1/2 cup grape seed oil (or canola oil)
- * 1 cup water
- * chocolate frosting (any brand will due)
- * gum drops (I used black and red)
- * black licorice (sliced in half)
- * toothpicks
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a big bowl mix cake mix, eggs, oil, pecans, and water. Mix til the dough doesn’t have any bumps in it. Spray muffin pan with your pam spray. Pour an equal amount of your mix into the cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 400. Continue to check oven after minute 14 or so as all ovens bake differently. Don’t want to burn the cupcakes!
- 2. Take the cupcakes out of the oven. The cupcakes should slide out easily. Allow cupcakes to sit and cool. Set aside and take out candies. Stick one toothpick down two black gumdrops. Break one gumdrop in half for the head. Break up the black licorice and stick the licorice with toothpicks for ears, arms and tail.
- 3. Once cupcakes have cooled, dress with your chocolate frosting and stick your figurines on top.
NotesYou know what I love about food blogging? I love that it’s 3:30pm and today I feel like writing about food–and I can do that. This is one big thing I’m grateful for. Now that we’ve gotten my gratitude out of the way, let’s get to the cupcake!
The other night we were having guests for dinner. And instead of trying to make everything from scratch I dressed up a Trader Joe’s baking mix and made it into a playful and decadent Halloween pumpkin cupcake.
I loved putting these little creatures on top of my cupcake, largely because it’s creative. I LOVE to make things with my hands. If cupcakes were better for you I would do this every day. The little guy below was my inspiration for my Halloween cupcake.