- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 c unbleached a-p flour
- 1/3 c plus 3T sugar
- 1t baking powder
- 1/2t baking soda
- 1/2 c butter, diced
- 3t grated orange peel, divided
- 1c miniature SS choc chips
- 2/3 c chilled buttermilk
- 1 L egg yolk
- 1t vanilla extract
- Butter and flour baking sheet. Whisk flour, 1/3 c sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in large bowl. Add butter and 2t orange peel; rub in with fingertips until mix resembles coarse meal. Mix in choc chips. Whisk 2/3 c buttermilk, egg yolk, and vanilla in small bowl to blend. Add buttermilk mix to dry ingredients; stir w/fork until dough comes together in moist clumps.
- Gather dough into ball. Press out dough on lightly floured surface to 3/4" thickness. Using 2" heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out scones. Gather scraps, press out dough, and cut out additional scones. Transfer to baking sheet, spacing 1" apart.
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix remaining 3T sugar w/1t orange peel in small bowl. Brush scones lightly w/buttermilk; sprinkle w/orange-sugar. Bake until scones are crusty on top and tester inserted into centers comes out clean - about 15 minutes (up to 20 minutes if they've been refrigerated). Serve warm or at room temperature.
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More